Sunday, October 5, 2008

Himesh Reshamiya:I'm the worst Monty


Himesh Reshammiya gets candid about why stepping into Rishi Kapoor’s shoes was a huge task, what will he do if Karzzzz fails, and his equation with Salman Khan
What made you remake a classic film like Karz?
I loved Karz and I am a huge fan of the film as well as Rishi Kapoorji and Ghaisaab (Subhash). When Bhushanji of T Series signed me for three films, I gave them the idea to remake Karz. I was very excited when Ghaisaab agreed to give us the rights. I already had thought of the music, which would go very well with the remake. Things fell in place and that’s how we made Karzzzz.

• Didn’t you ever think that remaking Karz would be difficult considering Rishi Kapoor was perfect for the role of Monty as he not only had the looks but also the dancing abilities?
I agree that Rishiji is the best looking Monty while I am the worst. But I have given it a shot and thankfully the music of the film is a hit. This is also the first time I am playing a character and not Himesh like I did in Aap Ka Surroor. There are people who are ready to rip me apart. I am neither an actor nor a good dancer. But all I can say is that I have worked very hard and there are millions of people because of whose prayers, I will sail through.

• Your film’s music is a hit and there are high expectations…
Yes, Reliance which bought the film from T Series is releasing the film in a big way. They are going to release the film with 1100 prints and might add more prints later. I am anxious to see how the audience reacts to my role in the film. The big question on everyone’s mind is whether I will deliver or not.

• What if Karzzzz flops?
If Karzzzz flops, the pressure will shift to my next film Kajraare. A lot is at stake as I am doing five films with top banners. All these films cost above Rs 25 crore. It is a huge task but God willing everything will work out.

• You have lost lot of weight for Karzzzz?
Yes, I lost around 11 kgs for the role. The funny part is that I was eating so much boiled food and tandoori food that I made the song ‘Tandoori nights’ as that was the state of my mind! (Laughs)

• There are reports that you and Salman Khan are no longer friends.
Salman Khan is my godfather. Period.

• Are you in touch with him?
Of course I am. I just met him before the music release of Karzzzz. There never was any fall out and there never will be one. I owe my career to Salmanbhai and not only him, his family has always been there for me and vice versa.

• What is the problem between you and Sonu Niigaam?
Sonu is the best singer in India. I truly believe that he is a wonderful human being and a wonderful singer. If I ever come face-to-face with him, I will be the first one to say hello to him. He has sung some incredible songs and I really respect him. I love his voice.

• Last year you went to Ajmer Sharif wearing a burqua just before the release of Aap Ka Surroor. Will you also go this year?
Yes of course I will but definitely without a burqua.

• Is your son Swayam your worst critic?
Yes. Thankfully, he has loved the music and promos of Karzzzz. He is very eager to see the film. I will show it to him soon. His judgment has been absolutely right in the last one year and I am waiting for his feedback on Karzzzz.

• There are reports that you charge as much as the top actors in Bollywood do.
I ask for what I think I deserve. I took an X amount from Bhushan Kumar for Karzzzz and as you all know, he has already made profits. I will always look at things from the producer’s point of view and then charge accordingly.

Related Articles :


Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

VIDEO

ENTER-TAB1-CONTENT-HERE

RECENT POSTS

ENTER-TAB2-CONTENT-HERE

POPULAR POSTS

ENTER-TAB3-CONTENT-HERE
 

Bolly Metre Copyright © 2010 LKart Theme is Designed by Lasantha